TSSAA Division 1 Dual Rankings – 12/3/12
1. Cleveland (6-0) Previous Rank: #1
4 wins at the UTC Old-Timer’s Duals puts the Blue Raiders at 6-0. Impressive victories over Thompson (AL) 59-12 and Heritage (GA) 51-15.
2. Soddy Daisy (4-0) Previous Rank: #2
I was not able to find results to confirm this record of 4-0 but a solid win over Thompson (AL) 35-26 and no uproar in the Chattanooga community leads me to believe it to be true.
3. Wilson Central (14-0) Previous Rank: #4
WC hasn’t been touched yet this year, with its closest matches being a 46-24 win over #6 Blackman and a 46-26 win over #9 Ravenwood. This past weekend they also won the Ooltewah Invitational by 16 pts over #4 Bradley Central.
4. Bradley Central (1-0) Previous Rank: #5
Opening match win over East Ridge 63-18. Runner-up finish at the Ooltewah Invitational.
5. Clarksville (3-0) Previous Rank: #6
No pressure matches yet with closest score being a 57-12 drubbing of Hendersonville.
6. Blackman (4-1) Previous Rank: #7
Only loss of the season was against #3 Wilson Central 46-24. Placed 4th at the very tough Blackhorse Invitational finishing behind Christian Brothers, Brother Martin (LA), and Duncan (OK).
7. Science Hill (4-3) Previous Rank: #3
With wins over Cedartown (GA), Fort Payne (GA), Pepperell (GA), and North Murray (GA) mixed with losses to LaFayette (GA), Cass (GA), and West Laurens (GA) drops the Toppers down 4 spots.
8. Beech (11-2) Previous Rank: #8
The Buccaneers just won a state title in football and will be getting back 4 starters from that team starting today. After a runner-up finish to #3 Wilson Central and a 1st place finish at the MTSU Alumni Duals, this team is poised to make some noise. Wins against Siegel, Rossview, Eagleville, Ft. Campbell (KY), Sycamore, Smyrna, McGavock, and Mt. Juliet. Other loss was to #__ Independence.
9. Ravenwood (5-1) Previous Rank: #9 REVISED (HAD LISTED JV RESULTS)
Loss to #3 Wilson Central 46-26 and won against Rossview winning 45-33 at the Buccaneer Duals. Two close wins over West Creek. Won the Harpeth Invitational in front of Brentwood Academy and #8 Beech.
10. Hixson (2-0) Previous Rank: #11
Wins over Gibbs 45-26 and Stone Memorial 42-29
11. Walker Valley (2-0) Previous Rank: #12
Huge wins over North Carolina opponents Franklin and Andrews. Followed that up with a 3rd place team finish at the Ooltewah Invitational.
12. Pigeon Forge (0-0) Previous Rank: #13
No dual results have been reported thus far.
13. East Hamilton (7-1) Previous Rank: #15
Wins over #23 Chattanooga Central , Ridgeland (GA), Dade Co (GA), Red Bank, and Dalton (GA); only loss is to Heritage-Catoosa (GA) 52-18
14. Franklin (4-0) Previous Rank: NR
This team that lost 2 state champions from last year’s team looks like it has already reloaded with blowout victories against Siegel, Tullahoma, Page, and Oakland.
15. Jefferson County (4-0) Previous Rank: #16
54-30 win over Sullivan East.
16. Centennial (2-0) Previous Rank: #20
57-24 win over Siegel, 51-18 win over Tullahoma
17. Germantown (1-0) Previous Rank: #18
A 43-42 win over Cordova places Germantown in the #17 position.
18. Heritage (1-0) Previous Rank: NR
A 58-18 win over Stone Memorial catapults Heritage into the #18 spot.
19. Independence (2-2-1) Previous Rank: #10
Wins over #8 Beech and Cane Ridge, Losses to #20 Overton and Siegel, and a tie with Franklin Road Academy 37-37.
20. Overton (2-1) Previous Rank: NR
Wins over #18 Independence 47-29 and MLK 44-31, Loss was to FRA 39-36.
21. Dickson County (1-0) Previous Rank: NR
42-27 win over Hendersonville to open the season followed by a 5th place finish at the Ooltewah Invitational.
22. Greeneville (0-0) Previous Rank: #19
Placed 4th at the North Knight Invitational (NC) right in front of #7 Science Hill on the backs of 2 first place finishers. Finished 8th at the Ooltewah Invitational, however behind Dickson Co, Cookeville, and Ooltewah
23. Chattanooga Central (3-3) Previous Rank: #21
Early losses to #13 East Hamilton, Dade County (GA), and Gordon Lee (GA)
24. Stone Memorial (2-2) Previous Rank: #22
Win over #23 Gibbs, Losses to #10 Hixson and #18 Heritage
25. Arlington (5-0) Previous Rank: NR
Huge 32-29 win over Houston.
Honorable Mentions: Gibbs, Maryville, McGavock, Brentwood, Siegel, Houston, Notre Dame, South Doyle, Dobyns Bennett, Collierville, Seymour, Powell, East Ridge, Eagleville
Out of Rankings:
#14 Cordova, #17 Siegel, #23 Gibbs, #24 Maryville, #25 East Ridge